A recent Dev Blog by the New World team shed some light on how exactly luck affects the loot tables in the game. We always knew the drop rate for [item_voidore] is low, but not that low!
Lets take a look at our drop rates for various luck values. The following table assumes you are already Level 200 Mining, which gives you a 2000 luck boost (10 luck per level). The luck value from the table refers to the extra luck, coming from food, perks, etc.
|Luck||[item_voidore] Drop Rate||[item_cinnabart1] / [item_tolviumt1] Drop Rate|
In the long run, you will usually have at least 140 times more [item_cinnabart1] and [item_tolviumt1] (combined) than [item_voidore]
Get Mining Luck
Here's a list of all the luck sources in the game:
- 927 Luck from the [perk_perkid_tools_miningluck] perk on a 600 gear score [item_2hpickt5].
- 955 Luck from the [perk_perkid_amulet_miningluck] perk on a 600 gear score amulet.
- 2,500 Luck from the [perk_perkid_armor_miningluck] perk on chest, helmet, gloves, pants and shoes, which goes up to 500 luck at 600 gear score.
- 2,000 Luck by consuming [item_foodminert5] food.
- 4,500 Luck by having a [item_house_housingitem_buff_mining_bonus_t3] in each one of your houses. You can have up to 3 houses.
- 500 Luck from the Miner's Resolve lifestyle buff (town project).
All of the above will give you a boost of over 11,000 luck, on top of the luck boost from Mining Level 200.
Mining Luck Food
If you can't get your hands on the highest tier food, here's a list with all the food that offers a mining luck boost:
- 1,000 Luck - [item_foodminert1]
- 1,400 Luck - [item_foodminert2]
- 1,700 Luck - [item_foodminert3]
- 1,900 Luck - [item_foodminert4]
- 2,000 Luck - [item_foodminert5]
Mining Luck Trophies
Trophies also come in different tiers:
- 500 Luck - [item_house_housingitem_buff_mining_bonus_t1]
- 1,000 Luck - [item_house_housingitem_buff_mining_bonus_t2]
- 1,500 Luck - [item_house_housingitem_buff_mining_bonus_t3]